Waste-Free Christmas with U Konserve
There’s still time to give healthy and waste-free Christmas gifts for everyone on your list. Give the gift of homemade granola, cookies, hot cocoa or other wholesome goodies in our reusable containers, all while giving the gift of reducing waste.
According to the EPA, the volume of household waste in the United States generally increases 25 percent between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day—about 1 million extra tons. Take part in decreasing that number by giving one of our favorite holiday recipe ideas!
Waste-Free Gift Ideas
- Homemade Granola in a Round Container
Homemade granola is a simple gift packed full of flavors. The Very Best Granola recipe from Cookie + Kate combines whole grains, unrefined oil and no refined sugar. Once finished, pack in a Large Round Container and tie with a recycled bow or reusable string. This recipe makes 6 cups, enough to fill 3 large round containers.
- Hot Cocoa in an Insulated Food Jar
Surprise friends, teachers, and neighbors with this simple, gluten-free and vegan Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix for the holidays. Combine sugar, cocoa powder, and crushed candy canes in a 12 oz or 16 oz insulated food jar, and the double-walled jar is part of the gift!
- 5 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons candy cane pieces
- Measure the cocoa powder, sugar and candy cane pieces in an 8 oz glass measuring cup.
- Shake the jar until the ingredients are combined.
- Store in a cool, dark place until all the cocoa mix has been used.
Simply tie the cocoa’s instructions to the food jar with reused ribbon or twine, and this homemade gift is good to go!
- Heat 6 oz regular (or non-dairy) milk until warm.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of mix.
- Stir until the mix dissolves into the milk.
- Top with marshmallows, garnish with a candy cane and enjoy immediately.
- Marzipan Energy Bites in a Square Container
Sweet treats packed in our Large To-Go Containers are ideal for hostess gifts, holiday potlucks or last minute gift ideas. Try nutritionist Lauren O’Connor’s delicious recipe for Marzipan energy bites. They require about 30 minutes total to make and pack up!
And remember, available in any denomination, Gift Certificates are the ultimate green gift.
If you’re short on time before the holidays hit, don’t stress. Instead, consider one of these time-saving ideas. Find our products at these locations or shop online and choose expedited shipping options to get your gifts on time.