Kids Craft Ideas For Summer Vacation
We’ve officially hit the halfway mark for summer vacation. The days are longer and the kids are looking for new activities to keep them occupied. Now that it’s warm enough to once again be spending the entire day outdoors, there are all sorts of awesome kids craft ideas and materials to be found outside and around the house!
Today we have listed two of our favorite summer kids craft recipes to spark creativity. These are perfect boredom busters for rainy days or post-summer-camp fun…
Outdoor Tic Tac Toe
- 14 round palm-sized stones
- 2 different colors of acrylic paint
- Find a place outside for your board like a walkway or driveway. Draw the # with your chalk.
- Divide your round stones into two equal piles of seven. With one color paint seven O’s on each of the stones, and with the other color paint seven X’s on each of the remaining stones.
- You’re ready to play! The first person with three stones in a row wins!
Paper Bag Notebooks
- brown bag
- white office paper
- thread (embroidery or book binding)
- safety pin
- watercolors to decorate
- ruler or paper cutter
- Take five pieces of white office paper.
- Tear in half with a ruler, or cut in half with a paper cutter.
- Fold those pieces in half.
- Cut out a piece of brown paper bag to fit the exact shape of the folded paper.
- Fit the office paper in the brown bag.
- Measure 5 holes evenly across the middle crease of the paper.
- Poke the hole marks with a safety pin.
- Thread a needle and start binding by entering from the inside to outside of the middle hole. Leave about 2″ extra in the inside cover.
- When you get back to the center, cut the thread leaving about 2″ and then tie the first thread to the end thread.
- Finish by adding some designs to the outside cover or writing your own story!
In need of more ideas for kids craft ideas? Check out our Pinterest Board for crafting, cooking, books and movie suggestions!