Stainless Steel Bento Lunch Box Ideas for Summer
With the temperatures rising outside it’s time to lighten up your lunch! Salads, fresh fruits, veggies, sandwiches, and wraps fit perfectly in our stainless steel bento lunch box. If you’ve got kids heading to summer camp filled with a full day of activities, try these new ideas to keep their lunch box full all day long.
Vegetable Rainbow Rolls
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup quinoa
8 sheets of rice paper
2 1/2 tablespoon tamari
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon German mustard
1 teaspoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
1. Cook quinoa set aside and let cool
2. Slice all vegetables for the inside of rolls, then set aside.
3. Soak the rice paper once piece at a time in room temperature water for around 20 seconds until soft, place the rice paper on a dry wooden board
4. Place a small handful of cabbage, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, carrot, avocado and quinoa in the middle of the rice paper.
5. Fold the paper from the bottom and top, then fold in the sides, and finish rolling tightly.
6. Repeat with the rest of the rice paper and vegetables until finished.
7. Slice each vegetable roll diagonally into two pieces and pack with peanut sauce in a mini container.
For peanut sauce, combine tamari, oil, peanut butter, mustard, vinegar, ginger, honey, chile flakes and 3 tablespoons water; set aside.
Note: There are endless options for this recipe! Mix and match veggies, add lunch meat, dip into your favorite dressing… Get creative and have fun with it!
9 Ideas For PB&J
- Almond butter, strawberry jelly, and apples on cinnamon raisin bread
- Crunchy peanut butter, grape jelly, and coconut shavings on whole wheat bread
- Sunflower seed butter, strawberry jelly, Nutella and banana on gluten-free bread
- Crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jelly, and fresh strawberries on gluten-free bread
- Almond butter, grape jelly, honey and pretzels on cinnamon raisin bread
- Peanut butter, strawberry jelly, coconut shavings, and strawberries on gluten-free bread
- Sunflower seed butter, Nutella, apricot jelly, apples, and pretzels on gluten-free bread
- Crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jelly, and banana on cinnamon raisin bread
- Peanut butter, strawberry jelly, coconut, and pretzels on whole wheat bread
View the inspiration for the recipe here
When you’ve filled your stainless steel bento lunch box, pack it in our insulated lunch tote to keep it cold for hours! BPA-free and made from recycled water bottles it is the perfect compliment for all of your stainless steel lunch containers. Interested in more lunch ideas? Head on over to our Pinterest Page for some of our favorites!